Wednesday 20 April 2011

Welcome to ICWL!

Welcome if you're stopping by from IComLeavWe April!  Thanks for coming :)

If you're new to my blog, here's a quick-ish summary of our story...

My bloke and I are from the UK but have been living in Asia for about 10 years, the last 4 in China. After TTC for over a year, we started fertility testing and found out that my bloke's motility is fairly bad. There was also some confusion over whether my tubes were clear and if my uterus was bicornuate (shaped like 2 horns/cones). So I had an MRI (still some confusion... have I also got fibroids?!) and then a lap/hyst which showed nothing major to worry about.. a slightly heart-shaped uterus, some inflammation and mild endometriosis, but that's all. :)

We did 3 IUIs, 1 unstimulated, 2 on Gonal-F... all BFN. Then I took a couple of months off to rest, wait for spring (our clinic gets the best IVF results in Spring!),  improve my diet and have acupuncture.

Today is now day 4 of stimming (225 of Gonal-F) on our first IVF long protocol cycle after downregging with Decapeptyl (0.1mg for 2 weeks, now on 0.05mg per day).  So far, so good :)

But the story above is just the facts and figures. It doesn't convey what it's been like to go through a diagnosis of infertility, infertility testing and treatment in a foreign land where, in more ways than one, I don't speak the language. There have been frustrations, disappointments, moments of desperation and despair.. but also many moments of heartfelt gratitude for support from friends, both in real life and online. There have also been comical moments where, as my Mum always says, 'if you didn't laugh, you'd cry!'.

And how am I feeling now? Hopeful, certainly... optimistic might be pushing it (being a natural pessimist, as I am) but genuinely feeling like we're doing everything we can to give this cycle the best possible chance.

4 comments:

  1. May your hope continue and blossom into optimism... you certainly are doing everything you can for this cycle and your love for your future baby will get you through xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've also done fertility testing and treatments in a foreign country (and am doing it again), although Holland>France is not such a big difference as UK>China I'd imagine. Good luck with your IVF cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hopeful for you for this cycle! It sounds like everything is moving forward as it should be and you are doing all that you can. I hope it's your first and last! Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot of Shanghai. Lived their last year and have to say that you're a hell of a trooper for going through all of the fertility treaments there! Hope the CM works wonders this cycle!

    ReplyDelete