Thursday 21 April 2011

What a Good Friday! So far...



Thanks so much to New Year Mum from A Year On... Our New Beginning (hopefully) for including me on her awards list!! These are my first awards and I was very grateful and excited to receive them!



As tradition demands, I need to do the following:


1. Link back to the person who gave you the award (above)


2. Tell 7 things about yourself....

  1. I currently live in Shanghai.. for some reason, I've never listed the city where I live, only the country. I think I was feeding off my husband's concerns that one of his colleagues will stumble across this blog and work out who we are from this extra piece of information!
  2. I'm a Coeliac... that is I have Coeliac disease which is an autoimmune disorder caused by an allergy to gluten. In theory this hasn't caused our infertility, but fertility issues and miscarriages can be a symptom if you're not eating gluten-free. I've been gluten-free (as much as is possible in China) for about 5 years and hoping it's no longer a factor in our IF journey.
  3. I love to read... a lot.. anything. I'm a member of a book club and enjoy a lively debate (if it can turn into a real argument, even better!) about the merits (or lack thereof) of any kind of literature.
  4. I'm a Gemini, but have inherited my Mum's Virgo tendencies... hence my need for extreme organisation and advance planning.
  5. I love crap TV... my guilty pleasures are American IdolThe Biggest Loser (USA and Australia, though I have to have Bob & Jillian to feel truly satisfied..) and I have recently started watching The Bachelor... I blame my IVF 'resting'...
  6. My bloke and I are both 1 of 4 children and are the only ones in a serious relationship/married out of all 8 siblings... pressure for grandchildren... uh, just a bit!
  7. I've developed a secret love for country-pop artists (bear in mind here that I'm British...).. give me some Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum or Dixie Chicks and I'm happy :)
3. Award other bloggers 
For The Versatile Blogger awards it's 15 'recently discovered bloggers' and for the Stylish Blogger Award it's 10 - 15 blogs 'you feel deserve this award'. Now I struggle to keep up with all the fantastic blogs out there, so will go for my favourite 10 to begin with... Please choose one or both awards :)

Miss Mac from Mac and PC
Princess Wahna Bea Mama from The Princess and the Pee Stick
Marilyn from Trying to Conceive
Elphaba from Yolk

4. Contact the recently awarded bloggers and let them know they've won :))
I'm going to do this asap but wanted to publish this post before going back to the clinic for my 1st stimming ultrasound and blood test results... will definitely let everyone know in person when I get back..!
Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Love the 7 things about you... good luck for the US and blood test results - FXd for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award! And that is one fine list of 7 things...it's great to know a little more about you. Wishing you well for your test results!!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the awards and thank you even more for sharing the 7 things about you. I never would have guessed that you were a closet country-pop fan...never! Knowing that you share my appreciation of Bob and Jillian just makes me feel that much closer to you. I'm so excited to hear how your u/s went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all... update post coming up in a matter of minutes...

    ReplyDelete