Tuesday 5 April 2011

On your marks...

Well, I'm back from my trip.. well, to be honest I've been back for a week and yet this is my first post. For some reason, I've been a little reluctant to get back online and into a routine of posting about our IVF cycle.  I've been thinking about why this could be and I reckon that the following might have something to do with it (don't you just love pop psychology!)...

I think that posting about our 1st IVF cycle makes it more real... instead of it being this 'secret' process that we are going through, that I can pretend is not very important or significant, posting about it brings the reality of this cycle to the fore. The more people whom I talk to/blog to about it, the less I can pretend that this coming couple of months are going to be anything other than life-changing - whether successful or not. Does that make sense?!  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm trying not to get my hopes too high and, for some reason, it felt like blogging about it would encourage my hopes...

But anyway, I think I'm pretty much over that for the time-being... I've really valued the support from my readers and online IF friends and I know I will need it in the coming weeks. So I'm back!

Proper update coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment