Thursday 17 February 2011

Thanks but no thanks

This post is to say thanks to all well-meaning pregnant friends/people with children who didn't go through ANY fertility issues, but are experts on the subject. I followed all your oh-so-helpful advice this month, including
  • having a few alcoholic drinks, particularly vodka cocktails - apparently, all it takes is one night and a few Cosmopolitans..
  • making the decision to have IVF treatment - usually, all you need to do is make the appointment and you get knocked-up..
  • hanging around with women with babies - I made sure to sidle in nice & close and breathe in all those baby-making hormones from any pregnant woman/new mother that I could find..
  • realxing - haven't you heard, all you need to do is relax and it will happen..
And guess what, I'm on CD1.. again.

PS.. In honour of this blog that I've recently started following  ... yes, I'm pretty sure that we're doing it right!

7 comments:

  1. I've heard nesting helps, make your life 'baby ready' and........no.....wait, sorry I've just read that it happens when you least expect it at the most awkward moments...........oh my mistake, in fact I remember being told that 'it will just happen when you are really ready, when it's meant to be'...I wonder when that is??! Must mean that after TTC 2 years, thousands of pounds and endless tests that we aren't quite ready after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just wanted to pop over and say hi! I think it's very interesting you can't buy tampons in China... I guess now you know why.

    Ugh and I'm sorry CD1 showed up again and you're having to contend with stupid advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about another CD1 - *hugs* to you. It friggin sucks! I totally hear ya on the unwanted advice from friends. Their advice is ridiculous and insulting. Glad to hear that you guys are doing it right though! Good thing they asked you to make sure, right?? Geez! People are truly idiots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone and welcome if it's your first visit! Thanks for stopping by :)

    The upside of this CD1 is that we're 1 cycle closer to starting IVF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete